DIY MAKESHIFT DESIGN TOTE KIT
Developed exclusively for our Makeshift programming, use this kit to create your one-of-kind organic cotton tote bag, stenciled by us with the number (1, 2, or 3) of your choice. Visit makeshift-converstions.tumblr.com for ideas and inspiration. Learn more about the project here on our Journal.
• 11.5” x 15” 100% organic cotton canvas tote
• 8.5” x 11” Mylar stencil featuring the word “MAKE” and our Bloomers design
• 1 spool of Red Button Craft Thread
• 1 Yarn Ball with various shades of 100% organic medium-weight cotton jersey pulls
• 1 package assorted Milliners needles; 16 needles per pack
• Folding scissors with cotton jersey necktie
• 1 embossed Alabama Chanin Journal and pencil
• 1 fine point and 1 extra-fine point Sharpie markerQuantity
Alabama Studio Sewing + Design
The third installment from our Alabama Studio Series presents techniques used to create your own sustainable clothing. Included in this encyclopedic compilation are patterns, instructions, and design choices for dresses, skirts, tops, a wrap, a poncho, a bolero, a hat, and fingerless gloves. Each piece is featured in its basic form, with embellishments, and mixed, matched, and layered to showcase its stunning versatility. Full-page images show examples of hand-embroidered techniques with accompanying instruction.
• Each book signed by author Natalie Chanin
• 175 pages
• Includes instruction for numerous projects, techniques, and embellishments
• Paper garment patterns includedQuantity
18" Transparent Ruler
Utilized with projects featured in our Studio Book Series, this 18” ruler is made from transparent plastic for accurate measuring of all your sewing and craft projects.
• 18" long
• Printed with grid with 1/8" increments for measuring